Ressources for Hands-On Activities for Youth
• Earth Force - environmental problem-solving program through which middle-school aged youth identify local environmental issues and create lasting solutions to these problems.
• Student Conservation Association - engaging high school and college students in hands-on service to the land in national parks, national forests, and other public lands.
• Nature Journal - Make your own nature journal template
• EarthEasy - Ideas for simple sustainable living
• Global Teenager Online Forum - opportunity to exchange news about what you are doing to solve global problems in your schools and communities (Endorsed by United Nations Environment Programme)
• National Envirothon - High school competition offering both in-class curriculum and hands-on field experiences focused around ecology, natural resource management, and current environmental issues.
• Journey for the Planet - A five week adventure to create an Earth-friendly life.
• EPA Kids Club - A great site with hands on activities for kids PreK-4th
• EPA Student Center - Another EPA site geared to middle school students.
• EPA High School Environmental Center - Resources on environmental issues for high school students.
• EcoKids - A place for Kids to find out about EE. IT also has a Kids Blog page but it is about what is happening in difference places rather than each kid write something. It also has a section for teachers/adults. Many different areas to use.
Support and Curriculum for Classroom or Outdoor Studies
• Kids Gardening - This site includes classroom projects, thematic explorations, parents' primer, classroom stories activities, kid gardening, FAQs, school greenhouse, guide, exploring hydroponics, pollinator curriculum, harvest of history and mountain adventures.
• Classroom Earth - sponsored by the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation (NEETF) , lists top programs in categories of most popular, rising stars, home school, and for Earth Day.
• Acorn Naturalists - books, curricula, equipment and supplies for teachers and naturalists of all ages
• Bullfrog Films - a leading US publisher of independently-produced, environmental videos.
• Aldo Leopold Education Project - Lessons in the Land Ethic
• Center for Ecosystem Survival (teacher's guides)