Environmental Education Links
EE Sites and Projects
Hands-On Activities for Youth
- World Wildlife Fund, Windows on the Wild
- National Audubon Society (Educational Topics)
- Wilderness Education - From Wilderness Information Network
- Global Issues - Learn about the issue of biodiversity
- Conservation International - Learn about 25 of the richest and most threatened ecosystems
- What is your state doing about EE and who to contact check out: Environmental Education.
- Envirolink - non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources
- Clearinghouse for Science, Math, and Environmental Education
- Environmental News Network
- Ecology Websites - from New Carolina State University Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education
- Green Schools - helps schools use energy efficiently with retrofits, renewable technology, and bringing the energy efficiency message to students and the community
- Solar Quest- Solar resources for schools and others
- Climate Solutions - Practical solutions to global warming
- Climate Calculators
- Calculating your Ecological footprint
EE Sites and Projects
- Natural Resources Management for Kids
- Every Student Learns Outside
- Arkansas Project WET
- Arkansas Project WILD
- Project WET
- Project WILD
- Earth and Sky
- Kids Do Ecology
- University of Illinois Extension - Just for Kids
- The Forest Shop
- Arkansas Environmental Education Association
- Arkansas Master Naturalist
- Temperate Forest Foundation
- National Geographic Wild World
- Ranger Rick
- International Project Learning Tree
- The Globe Program
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- World Resources Institute
- Tree Conservation Resources and Links
- Environmental Literacy Council - The Environmental Literacy Council is an independent, non-profit organization, the Council gives teachers the tools to help students develop environmental literacy: a fundamental understanding of the systems of the world, both living and non-living, along with the analytical skills needed to weigh scientific evidence and policy choices.
- North American Association for Environmental Education - (NAAEE) - the major organization for environmental education professionals
- EE-Link - a major resource for environmental education on the Internet
- EdGateway - for educators
- The Environmental Education and Training Partnership - (EETAP) - federally funded environmental education training organization - includes an environmental literacy quiz and an university-level online course in EE.
- National Environmental Education Advancement Project (University of Wisconsin)
- National Environmental Education and Training Foundation
- Institute for Earth Education - teacher resources
- GreenCOM Envirospaces
- Rainforest Action Network, Teacher and Student Resources
- SeaWeb - a multi-media project designed to raise awareness of the world ocean and the life within it.
- Global Response - Global partnerships for citizen action.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- The GLOBE Program (NOAA) - a worldwide hands-on, primary and secondary school-based education and science program.
- National Park Service, Learning Resources
- Wild Things - an interactive distance learning adventure including satellite broadcasts that help students and teachers explore and learn about National Wildlife Refuges and the fascinating critters that inhabit them.
- California Environmental Education (CERES)
- What is your state doing in Environmental Education.
- The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) - Earth Portal is a comprehensive, free and dynamic resource for timely, objective, science-based information about the environment built by a global community of environmental experts: educators, physical, life and social scientists, scholars and professional who have joined together to communicate to the world.
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- Earth News - including breaking news with links from key word to encyclopedia articles for the science behind the news.
Hands-On Activities for Youth
- Earth Force - environmental problem-solving program through which middle-school aged youth identify local environmental issues and create lasting solutions to these problems.
- Student Conservation Association - engaging high school and college students in hands-on service to the land in national parks, national forests, and other public lands.
- Nature Journal - Make your own nature journal template
- EarthEasy - Ideas for simple sustainable living
- Global Teenager Online Forum - opportunity to exchange news about what you are doing to solve global problems in your schools and communities (Endorsed by United Nations Environment Programme)
- National Envirothon - High school competition offering both in-class curriculum and hands-on field experiences focused around ecology, natural resource management, and current environmental issues.
- Journey for the Planet - A five week adventure to create an Earth-friendly life.
- EPA Kids Club - A great site with hands on activities for kids PreK-4th
- EPA Student Center - Another EPA site geared to middle school students.
- EPA High School Environmental Center - Resources on environmental issues for high school students.
- EcoKids - A place for Kids to find out about EE. IT also has a Kids Blog page but it is about what is happening in difference places rather than each kid write something. It also has a section for teachers/adults. Many different areas to use.
- Kids Gardening - This site includes classroom projects, thematic explorations, parents' primer, classroom stories activities, kid gardening, FAQs, school greenhouse, guide, exploring hydroponics, pollinator curriculum, harvest of history and mountain adventures.
- Classroom Earth - sponsored by the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation (NEETF) , lists top programs in categories of most popular, rising stars, home school, and for Earth Day.
- Acorn Naturalists - books, curricula, equipment and supplies for teachers and naturalists of all ages
- Bullfrog Films - a leading US publisher of independently-produced, environmental videos.
- Aldo Leopold Education Project - Lessons in the Land Ethic
- Center for Ecosystem Survival (teacher's guides)